Alternative Referral Options
GP-PASA is only suitable for patients needing one-off assessments by a psychiatrist under MBS item 291.
In situations where a 291 assessment is not appropriate, the following alternative referral options are available.
>> These alternative referral options are for non-emergency/acute situations only.
Mental Health Services
SA Health provide and list a number of generalist and specialised mental health services across Adelaide including
- Child and Adolescent Mental Health Services (CAMHS)
- Local mental health services and available psychiatrist assessment services provided via outpatient clinics in each Local Health Network region (North, Centre, South)
- Community Mental Health Teams (CMHT) that are located across the Adelaide metropolitan region and can advise of the referral pathway suitable for psychiatric advice in your Local Health Network.
Please visit: www.sahea…services/
The Royal Australian and New Zealand College of Psychiatrists ‘Find a Psychiatrist’
The RANZCP provides a searchable database of psychiatrists consulting privately. Search options can filter psychiatrists by location, specialities, billing rates and other relevant fields.
>> Access the ‘Find a Psychiatrist’ service: www.yourh…chiatrist
>> Access RANZCP Website: www.ranzcp.org
Australian Medical Association AMA(SA) Chapter Specialists Directory for Injured Workers : A GP Referral Resource
The AMA provide an ‘opt in’ register of psychiatrists (and other specialist) with an interest in work-related injuries.
>> Access the register: ama.com.a…-resource
A Medico-Legal Register of psychiatrists can also be accessed from this site to help people locate doctors to undertake medico-legal consultations and reporting.
>> Access the Medico-Legal list: ama.com.a…-register
Return to Work SA Second Opinion Medicine Services
Provides second opinion medicine services (including psychiatrists) to GPs treating patients with a work injury claim.
>> Access the service: www.rtwsa…-services
headspace Youth Early Psychosis Program (hYEPP)
For young people (12-25) at high risk of or experiencing a first episode of psychosis.
>> Access the service via: headspace…adelaide/
Beyond Blue 'Find a Professional' Directory
A ‘one stop’ online listing of relevant mental health professional directories, including:
- Australian Psychological Society ‘Find a Psychologist’
- Occupational Therapy Australia ‘Find an Occupational Therapist’
- Australian Association of Social Workers ‘Find a Social Worker’
>> Access the service: www.beyon…fessional
Primary Mental Health Care Services (PMHCS) Mental Health Enquiry Line 1300 898 213
One dedicated number to reach Primary Mental Healthcare Service providers across the Adelaide region and seek advice about referral pathways in the primary sector.
>> Access the service by calling 1300 898 213